JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion

JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   DIY Modification (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   DIY: Dual Walbro 450's and Hobbs Switch Install (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47438)

TEC 06-16-2017 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It! (Post )
Looks to me like the whole point of this is to sell Tundra's $150 bracket that costs about $10 or $15 to have made in bulk.

Come on Steve. Don't stoop to this. Why are you trying to turn this into a pissing contest. You are supposed to be a mod and provide neutral bias on postings, however so far you have not done so. This has turned into a justify my pricing exercise instead of the advance the platform topic that it was supposed to be.

If you want to talk about posts from other forums:

He charged me ~$150 for the bracket, materials and other stuff. I didn't mind paying him for his time because I knew the end result would possibly advance things for the entire community. This was me paying money to get help for the community...that's it. Fortunately for us he was willing to spend a LOT of time testing and retesting parts and pieces to make this work. Considering this was worked on over WEEKS I don't think he made a lot of money on helping me.

He's offering it to anyone else that wants to try it for half of what I paid and is throwing in the lines, tee, clamps and anything else needed. NO ONE is offering this to anyone else at this price. If he's trying to sell this stuff for a profit as you claim I'm not seeing how he's making any money.

I could turn this around and put you and your products under the microscope and talk about how much it actually cost you to produce your products and what you are selling it for but I don't because I really could care less. Some people want to be able to brag to their friends that they have this part from this company and they paid this much for it...that's cool with me because its their money. I don't follow that path. I like to build stuff and wrench on my own car and for those out there like me, this offering is something to consider and possibly build on.

Now can we stick to the topic?

Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It! 06-16-2017 09:23 AM

Please review your own posts, I believe you will then understand why we have responded.

07tundra 06-17-2017 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It! (Post )
Looks to me like the whole point of this is to sell Tundra's $150 bracket that costs about $10 or $15 to have made in bulk.

Sorry Steve I'm not one who takes and marks things up just for gee wiz and takes advantage of people. You know like that e85 sensor found anywhere on Google for $84 and you list it on your website for $120, but I forgot RnD right pushing that search button must so difficult.... lmao

07tundra 06-17-2017 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEC (Post )
Come on Steve. Don't stoop to this. Why are you trying to turn this into a pissing contest. You are supposed to be a mod and provide neutral bias on postings, however so far you have not done so. This has turned into a justify my pricing exercise instead of the advance the platform topic that it was supposed to be.

If you want to talk about posts from other forums:

He charged me ~$150 for the bracket, materials and other stuff. I didn't mind paying him for his time because I knew the end result would possibly advance things for the entire community. This was me paying money to get help for the community...that's it. Fortunately for us he was willing to spend a LOT of time testing and retesting parts and pieces to make this work. Considering this was worked on over WEEKS I don't think he made a lot of money on helping me.

He's offering it to anyone else that wants to try it for half of what I paid and is throwing in the lines, tee, clamps and anything else needed. NO ONE is offering this to anyone else at this price. If he's trying to sell this stuff for a profit as you claim I'm not seeing how he's making any money.

I could turn this around and put you and your products under the microscope and talk about how much it actually cost you to produce your products and what you are selling it for but I don't because I really could care less. Some people want to be able to brag to their friends that they have this part from this company and they paid this much for it...that's cool with me because its their money. I don't follow that path. I like to build stuff and wrench on my own car and for those out there like me, this offering is something to consider and possibly build on.

Now can we stick to the topic?

He knows better I try and help people out and I don't take advantage of anyone even if I could, can't say the same for some!

The topic is Tec your setup is half the cost or even less to include the hobbs switch and has no venturi which will equate to awesome flow and you can keep your first born.....lol Tec

335xiboost 06-17-2017 11:06 PM

Very nice work! This platform has come a long way since I got into it a few years ago, and it's people like you who push the envelope and push vendors to keep prices in check. There will always be those who would rather spend the money than mess with fabrication, but it's great having this option for those that can fabricate! I'm interested in this setup for my new single project. Can you elaborate on the hydramats?

TEC 06-18-2017 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 335xiboost (Post )
Very nice work! This platform has come a long way since I got into it a few years ago, and it's people like you who push the envelope and push vendors to keep prices in check. There will always be those who would rather spend the money than mess with fabrication, but it's great having this option for those that can fabricate! I'm interested in this setup for my new single project. Can you elaborate on the hydramats?

The hydramats are awesome. As long as it's touching gas it will soak it up and push it through the pump regardless of g forces. By having the mats touching the lowest part of the tank you can run the tank down to a tablespoon of gas (not recommended). This means you can empty your tank, put a gallon of race gas in autocross, drag race, or whatever and as long as the hydramats is touching the gas your golden.

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/hydramat/

07tundra 06-18-2017 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEC (Post )
The hydramats are awesome. As long as it's touching gas it will soak it up and push it through the pump regardless of g forces. By having the mats touching the lowest part of the tank you can run the tank down to a tablespoon of gas (not recommended). This means you can empty your tank, put a gallon of race gas in autocross, drag race, or whatever and as long as the hydramats is touching the gas your golden.

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/hydramat/

Exactly why the bucket is kept it has two slots for the for side hoses to come over and drench those pads at all times @335xiBoost

Kervio 06-18-2017 11:12 PM

TEC thank you for the guide! I am currently building the same setup and I'll reach out to 07tundra for the bracket + lines. It is absolutely insane the prices that fuel-it charges. I find it hilarious how they throw around phrases such as "tuned venturi", "engineered" and act like installing an off the shelf fuel pump into a bucket is some sort of engineering feat that comes with "inherit risks" if done yourself, as Steve puts is...:clap:

TEC 06-19-2017 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kervio (Post )
TEC thank you for the guide! I am currently building the same setup and I'll reach out to 07tundra for the bracket + lines. It is absolutely insane the prices that fuel-it charges. I find it hilarious how they throw around phrases such as "tuned venturi", "engineered" and act like installing an off the shelf fuel pump into a bucket is some sort of engineering feat that comes with "inherit risks" if done yourself, as Steve puts is...:clap:

Its pretty much plug and play once you get the assembly back from 07Tundra, but let me know if you need any assistance.

Like I said before, some people want that name brand item to add to their list of car mods...I get that. I just want the performance and to know it works. I'd be pissed to find out that I overpaid for something that I could do myself.

07tundra 06-19-2017 11:54 AM

Kervio, Steve seems to be a good guy he started this back in 2013-2014 I think with good intentions but when he saw what he could charge because some folks don't bother to do a little research the BMW tax got to him which is a shame. Same goes for Vinshu the maker of the proceed some claim it to be better than the jb but Terry made it affordable to all and great customer service, the way it should be. This bull**** that this is a BMW is exactly that the basics are the same why should there be a mark up just because? I will continue to work on my own stuff and if I can help folks out I will. Just two individuals said I cldnt fit 305s in the back......I'll stop that's a different thread lol

Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It! 06-19-2017 03:53 PM

Thank you for visiting our website. We aren't hiding anything and if look at the ethanol sensor, we give you the part number (unlike most companies) so if you want to source it elsewhere, you can certainly do so. Unfortunately we can't sell items for the same price we purchase them for or we'd go bankrupt in short order.

As we said...DIY will always be less expensive.

BeastMode335i 06-20-2017 05:52 AM

DIY will also help those out in the future who wish to put their purses down and get their hands dirty.. Absolutely nothing at all wrong with someone tackling a project themselves IMO.. As long as it's done right, rock on..!

TEC 06-20-2017 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeastMode335i (Post )
DIY will also help those out in the future who wish to put their purses down and get their hands dirty.. Absolutely nothing at all wrong with someone tackling a project themselves IMO.. As long as it's done right, rock on..!

That's the beauty of this, with the exception of modifying the fuel feed line, which takes all of 1 min, its all plug and play. There is nothing more to do than what you would have to do if you picked up a commercially produced setup.

BeastMode335i 06-20-2017 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEC (Post )
That's the beauty of this, with the exception of modifying the fuel feed line, which takes all of 1 min, its all plug and play. There is nothing more to do than what you would have to do if you picked up a commercially produced setup.

Exactly.. I fully support Steve and his business as I've done in the past by using his products.. But if someone tackles an endeavor like this, and succeeds all while saving money, that's awesome.. Too many people now and days just buy **** and when it breaks they are clueless, so by getting in there and wrenching around to fix or upgrade things, will always net a huge salute from me..

AWSAWS 07-02-2017 04:39 PM

Love this design. I can't afford to buy a stage 3 or stage 4 so I will attempt a DIY. What kind of a hobbs switch is needed?
Sorry I'm in England. Otherwise I'd buy from you guys.

AWSAWS 07-03-2017 04:35 AM

Anyone?

07tundra 07-03-2017 10:43 AM

Hobbs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AWSAWS (Post )
Love this design. I can't afford to buy a stage 3 or stage 4 so I will attempt a DIY. What kind of a hobbs switch is needed?
Sorry I'm in England. Otherwise I'd buy from you guys.

Hey sorry I'm not on here much at all plus I'm on vacation for a month lol I'll pm you

Baileythebimmer 07-17-2017 04:04 PM

Update your account so we can see photos

07tundra 07-17-2017 08:05 PM

@TEC

TEC 07-17-2017 08:38 PM

I'm out of the country so as soon as I can I will try to take care of it.

crazyazz 07-25-2017 11:56 PM

Shame the pics dont work :(

nsteezyy 09-19-2017 05:05 PM

Please fix pics! Would be super helpful with my DIY Stage 3 as well.
@TEC

Vbp6us 09-29-2017 12:10 AM

Here's a tip: don't use photobucket. Use imgur.com or the integrated upload feature in the forum.

sirfredi 09-29-2017 09:10 AM

@TEC donīt forget us !!!!!
please, the pics !!

135iam 10-15-2017 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEC (Post )
I don't get why people arent excited about this. :shrug

Its because we cant see the photos!!! LOL

looking forward to getting my fuel system upgraded over the winter, thanks for the DIY TEC!!!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:54 AM.


Copyright Đ 2007 - 2022, JB4tech.com