JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: 2010 X5M MCB
Default 04-12-2017, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowon
That's actually not true....
Canadian and American fuel is rated in AKI (anti knock index) which is (Ron+Mon)/2, not API whatever that means.
94 octane in Canada varies alot from fuel station brand to fuel station brand, some Canadian 94 acts like US 91. Some act like true 94 and surpass US 93.

Personally I prefer Husky 94.
Yep. In Australia we use the RON system for unleaded fuel and works out something like this (roughly as it's not linear).

89AKI = 93RON
91AKI = 95RON
93AKI = 98RON

We have variations of the 98RON, often labeled as premium, and some containing up to 10% ethanol, which makes it tricky to accurately calculate ethanol content without using a flex sensor. Even the E85 here is labeled as 107RON, and is known to fluctuate in content from around 70-85%, depending on batch and where it's sourced.
(#52)
Old
Demigod

Car: Bmw M2
Default 04-12-2017, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by protecon
Yep. In Australia we use the RON system for unleaded fuel and works out something like this (roughly as it's not linear).

89AKI = 93RON
91AKI = 95RON
93AKI = 98RON

We have variations of the 98RON, often labeled as premium, and some containing up to 10% ethanol, which makes it tricky to accurately calculate ethanol content without using a flex sensor. Even the E85 here is labeled as 107RON, and is known to fluctuate in content from around 70-85%, depending on batch and where it's sourced.

Sweet Australia! Atleast you guys have e85! I have to buy 205 L barrels of e98 if I wanted ethanol.

Yeah I've had the best experience with husky 94 (e10), it behaves like a true 94. Plus it's consistent all year round, no winter blend fuel that feels like 91.

2017 BMW M2 - Alpine White, 6MT, Fully Loaded
Mods: Stock for now
(#53)
Old

Default 04-12-2017, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Sweet Australia! Atleast you guys have e85! I have to buy 205 L barrels of e98 if I wanted ethanol.

Yeah I've had the best experience with husky 94 (e10), it behaves like a true 94. Plus it's consistent all year round, no winter blend fuel that feels like 91.
What's winter?

Yeah we had 100RON available for a while here, which is probably pretty close to your 94 - it was great but couldn't sell enough of it to justify using another pump slot.

Back on topic - anyone know what the factory in-tank LPFP puts out (GPH/LPH or PSI)?
Trying to figure out how to interpret the JB4 log for the S63 FP_L value, as during WOT it ranges from 107-149.
(#54)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 04-12-2017, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Hey Steve,
Do you guys offer inline fuel filters? I used to have one that filtered down to something like 1-4 microns.
Thanks,
~Lowon
Yes, our Stage 4 kits utilize a 6um 200GPH E85 compatible fuel filter.

[QUOTE=protecon;531829]What's winter?

Yeah we had 100RON available for a while here, which is probably pretty close to your 94 - it was great but couldn't sell enough of it to justify using another pump slot.

Back on topic - anyone know what the factory in-tank LPFP puts out (GPH/LPH or PSI)?
Trying to figure out how to interpret the JB4 log for the S63 FP_L value, as during WOT it ranges from 107-149.[/QUOTE

Factory on E and F series is approximately 60-75psi and at .6 to .8GPM. On JB4 logs, multiply the FP L value by 10.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#55)
Old

Default 04-12-2017, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Quote:
Originally Posted by protecon
Trying to figure out how to interpret the JB4 log for the S63 FP_L value, as during WOT it ranges from 107-149.
Factory on E and F series is approximately 60-75psi and at .6 to .8GPM. On JB4 logs, multiply the FP L value by 10.
Thanks Steve - so based on my FP_L values in the logs ranging from 107-155 during WOT, averaging around 130, I could assume to halve this (53.5-74.5) to get a PSI, rather than using the N54/55 method you mentioned.

(#56)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-13-2017, 08:20 PM

Those values are not correct. This must be an N55?

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#57)
Old

Default 04-15-2017, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Those values are not correct. This must be an N55?
No - it's S63 4.4L TT Petrol.

If you have a look at all the individual X5M JB4 logs posted, these FP_L & FP_H values are about the same across all the vehicles, varying only slightly due to increased TRIMS etc.

EDIT: I asked you about this in my first log thread, first post > http://n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45087
(#58)
Old

Car: 2008 335i White on Lemon Dakota and Black
Default 03-15-2018, 02:52 PM

On a tuned FBO N54, will the bucketless LPFP make any difference in performance using 91 octane pump gas here in California? I believe the gas is E10 where I fill up. Or is it really only beneficial for those who are running higher mixes of ethanol?
(#59)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-16-2018, 08:52 AM

No, octane is your biggest limitation and unless you are running a really big turbo or have a weak LPFP, it won't make a difference.

(#60)
Old

Car: 2008 335i White on Lemon Dakota and Black
Default 03-16-2018, 03:39 PM

I appreciate the reply. It sounds like high concentrations of ethanol is the only reason for the upgraded flow characteristics of the LPFP upgrade since the engine requires a higher volume of fuel when running ethanol. Is this right?

Thank you
(#61)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-19-2018, 06:20 AM

Depends on the actual power level of the car. Cars running upgraded turbos on pump or race gas also need an upgraded LPFP.

(#62)
Old

Car: 335i E92 2008
Default fuel system upgrade - 11-14-2019, 10:58 PM

I would like to make approx 500whp on pump gas . I have ordered RB gamefinishers. what fuel upgrades do I need?