JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#176)
Old

Car: 2010 X5M - Alpine White on Sakhir Orange
Default 09-26-2016, 12:59 PM

It's a little known bit of information, but the N63 and S63TU have a MAF(s) while the S63 does not. I was surprised to find out myself, but I think a little note saying (S63 is not equipped with a MAF sensor) would be added hopefully since it could turn into a roadblock and redundant question for those who aren't on the forums and/or know otherwise.

'10 BMW X5///M - Alpine White on Sakhir Orange - HCP Stage 2/JB4, NGK 97506 @ .20, SS intake w/ BMC filters, gutted cats, muffler delete & Vibrant 1794's, AC Forged 312 22's, H&R 2"
'08 BMW 535xiT - VTT 2's, MHD 2, BMS DCI, inlets, RB/Mishimoto,
'98 BMW 740iL - ///E39 M5 6spd swap, fully built engine (sleeved, P&P, cams), 3.46 LSD, H&R Stage 2/Bilstein HD, Magnaflow 14816's
'97 BMW 328ci - ///E36 M3 clutch, L/W flywheel, 3.23LSD, Z4///M staggered 18's

Last edited by m5james; 09-26-2016 at 01:06 PM..
(#177)
Old

Car: 2009 BMW X6
Default 2009 X6 Compatibility - 10-19-2016, 07:47 AM

Terry,

I inquired via the JB contact page about the new JB4 Stage 2's compatibility with the 2009 e71 (X6) n63 motor, as well as the BCM. I was told that neither were compatible with the e71 n63 and would only work with the 550i n63.

Are there plans to make it compatible with the e71 n63? I know its not a common vehicle but its what I got. :P
(#178)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-19-2016, 08:09 AM

It's possible this S63 JB4 will work for it, we just haven't tested it. Is DME in same area?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#179)
Old

Default 10-19-2016, 08:30 AM

Sits near the windshield on the passenger side. Its farther away than the 550i, but the Stage 1 reaches the sensors without issue. I have your S1, and I tried the original Stage 2 (with 8 gajillion wires :D ), but the S=2 portion did not work for me; it simply wouldn't turn over. I sent it back, and you guys sent me the same unit again (wires still had my tape on them). I assume you just swapped the board for the S1. Rehooked that up and its been running great.

It looks like the JB4 will hook up according to the instructions you posted. I'm not sure what you guys did with my unit, since its the same box. I assume I can swap the board out with the upgrade kit, but I wouldn't mind sending it back to you guys if you wanted to scope it out.

As for the BCM, no idea about any of that.
(#180)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-19-2016, 08:37 AM

What about the CANbus wires? They like shown in the S63 photos?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#181)
Old

Default 10-19-2016, 08:54 AM

From what I can see, it looks exactly the same. When I tore it apart the first time, to install the S2 wires (Pre JB4), the wire setup was exactly like whats in the 550i(?) video from your deprecated guide.
(#182)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-19-2016, 11:37 AM

OK drop me an email and we can work something out to get you testing it.

Burger Motorsports

(#183)
Old

Car: BMW X6M
Default More power. - 10-24-2016, 04:26 PM

Terry.

I'm gone order al this tuning parts also.
I have read the thread and I'm impressed what you have done for our platforms... Thank you. .

I own an X6M (2010).
I have :
- ESS stage II tune
- Catted ********* with race cats (200 cel).
- Have install M5 F10 headers to

I have bigger / modified turbos also which I'm gone install later.
This turbo setup gave +775 hp at the dyno. (They have been tested)

So what is your opinion?
Can the fuel pump and injectors give enough of fuel even with the meth function with the JB4?
What do you think the power level is gone be? 800-850 hp?

My car has passed 1/4 mile at 12,08 / 116 mph last summer with stock turbos and with those 3 modifications I mention earlier.

Thank you.
Juha

Last edited by Excelent; 10-24-2016 at 04:38 PM..
(#184)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-25-2016, 11:57 AM

To control larger turbos would require some work. But I'd start with a map4 log and we can evaluate it.

Burger Motorsports

(#185)
Old

Default 10-28-2016, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
To control larger turbos would require some work. But I'd start with a map4 log and we can evaluate it.
Okay, thank you...
Can you tell me what I need to order so I can datalog also and send the data to you?

- JB4
- BMC
- JB4 Connect kit (REV3)
- BMC Meth kit with CM7 Nozzles
- ( BCM) JB4 Boost Controll module????
I have an iPhone 6S so I think I only need the app to.

Do I need something else?

Do you have any X6M or X5M dyno charts yet?

Juha
(#186)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-28-2016, 03:04 PM

Sounds like you have it all covered there. We've not done any E series X5M/X6M dynos here as the dyno we use is RWD only.

Burger Motorsports

(#187)
Old

Car: 335xi 2008
Default 10-29-2016, 06:43 AM

Any jb4 for x6M 2016 ?

Thanks

'08 BMW 335xi // Sedan // Black Sapphire // Sports Package//Mods: JB4 G5 iso|MHD bef Race|Hexon rr600|inlets|stage 2 fuel pump|N20 tmap 3.5|Chargepipe|Diverter valve|RB pcvalve|BMS Meth kit|AA Speed Delimiter|BMS tuning gauge|UR CL DP|BMS DCI|AA Exhaust|HELIX fmic|CDV|H&R coilover|10mm Spacers H&R on 4 wheels|**Record for XI's on dragtimes.com, before new turbo and inlets...new results soon...11.768s@118.70**Top speed 186,4 mph GPS, vbox 60-130mph 7.9,
(#188)
Old

Default 10-30-2016, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Sounds like you have it all covered there. We've not done any E series X5M/X6M dynos here as the dyno we use is RWD only.
Do you mean my IPhone and the App can datalog and save the test drive so I can send it to you?
I don't need any laptop and the cable from the JB4?

Juha
(#189)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-30-2016, 04:02 PM

If you have JB4 Mobile: http://www.burgertuning.com/bluetoot...nnect_kit.html

Burger Motorsports

(#190)
Old

Default X6M and X5M - 12-26-2016, 01:42 PM

Hello Terry.

Do you have any dynocharts for the X6M or X5M yet?

-Juha
(#191)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-26-2016, 02:54 PM

I've seen some customer dynos but not sure if any have been posted, it's a lower volume product, so not a ton of users.

Burger Motorsports

(#192)
Old

Default 02-21-2017, 05:45 PM

Quote:
I've seen some customer dynos but not sure if any have been posted, it's a lower volume product, so not a ton of users.
Any dyno charts yet? I want to see something before the order.
(#193)
Old

Default 02-23-2017, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Any news regarding dyno charts?
(#194)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-23-2017, 03:59 PM

Nothing to report, sorry.

Burger Motorsports

(#195)
Old

Default 02-23-2017, 05:06 PM

I did dyno runs about a year ago and kept getting reduced power for what was ultimately a vacuum leak that has since been fixed and hasn't come back in months. Just this past weekend I finally installed my JB4, I can absolutely feel the difference in power (feels like watching those 1320 Supra/335/GTR videos where it's OK OK OK...whoooshhh) but now I'm getting a different reduced power warnings for throttle issues, but only when running JB4 with map 6 only...I'm guessing it's not liking me running a stage 2 flash and 21psi on stock temperature plugs, so I'm going to install two steps colder soon. No issues with map 1 and I'll try map 2 this evening.

I'm running stock gutted cats, which I have no intentions of changing for these tests, what I will do though is multiple combinations of below:

Stock airbox vs my custom intake
Stock tune vs HCP stage 2 tune
JB4 on maps 1, 2 and 6 on both tunes

Attached dyno sheet is stock tune, ******* ********* and you can see when reduced power happens.
Attached Images

'10 BMW X5///M - Alpine White on Sakhir Orange - HCP Stage 2/JB4, NGK 97506 @ .20, SS intake w/ BMC filters, gutted cats, muffler delete & Vibrant 1794's, AC Forged 312 22's, H&R 2"
'98 BMW 740iL - ///E39 M5 6spd swap, fully built engine (sleeved, P&P, cams), 3.46 LSD, H&R Stage 2/Bilstein HD, Magnaflow 14816's

Last edited by m5james; 02-23-2017 at 07:07 PM..
(#196)
Old

Default 02-27-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james
I did dyno runs about a year ago and kept getting reduced power for what was ultimately a vacuum leak that has since been fixed and hasn't come back in months. Just this past weekend I finally installed my JB4, I can absolutely feel the difference in power (feels like watching those 1320 Supra/335/GTR videos where it's OK OK OK...whoooshhh) but now I'm getting a different reduced power warnings for throttle issues, but only when running JB4 with map 6 only...I'm guessing it's not liking me running a stage 2 flash and 21psi on stock temperature plugs, so I'm going to install two steps colder soon. No issues with map 1 and I'll try map 2 this evening.

I'm running stock gutted cats, which I have no intentions of changing for these tests, what I will do though is multiple combinations of below:

Attached dyno sheet is stock tune, ******* ********* and you can see when reduced power happens.
Interesting to get more information about these X56M cars.
Btw. Cant see the dyno sheet?

Last edited by Excelent; 02-27-2017 at 12:44 PM..
(#197)
Old

Default 02-27-2017, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Nothing to report, sorry.
Terry.

What would be the best solution.
- Meth kit or bigger turbos? I think the power level is going to be nearly the same?
My Turbos are ready for 775 hp/ 1160 Nm.

Last edited by Excelent; 02-27-2017 at 02:04 PM..
(#198)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-27-2017, 03:12 PM

Images more than 200k will not display, you'd have to reformat them to a smaller size.

Burger Motorsports

(#199)
Old

Default 03-02-2017, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james

James..... any news?
(#200)
Old

Default 03-02-2017, 11:36 PM

Long story short, high boost settings and I get CEL with Reduced Power warnings...the JB4 shows throttle codes, Carista app shows multiple misfires. I've got a set of two steps colder plugs on the way. Terry and Halim/HCP has been very helpful, Halim is tweaking his tune a bit for me so in the meantime I'm only using map 0 vs 1, 2 & 6 until I stop the codes from high boost.

Last edited by m5james; 04-09-2017 at 07:54 PM..