JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Default help with lfpf stage 3+ and jb4 - 09-25-2017, 12:39 PM

Hi guys.

I have correctly installed my precision racework lfpf stage 3+, and I have a problem.

When I use jb4 usb pin # 7, the 2nd pump is always running, I would like to know if someone has managed to run the kit using this pin and knows what the problem may be.

This pin should be a normally open contact and in this case is working just the opposite, which is sending voltage to the relay and gives current to the pump.
(#2)
Old

Default 09-26-2017, 01:03 PM

Does anyone use jb4 to control the second lfpf?
(#3)
Old

Default 09-29-2017, 09:13 AM

WTF......

i search the hobb´s switch...................
(#4)
Old

Car: 09 335i
Default 10-02-2017, 02:42 PM

figure this out? I had a similar experience, except I dont use a JB4, and may be able to shed some light if you need it
(#5)
Old

Default 10-03-2017, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Clipper
figure this out? I had a similar experience, except I dont use a JB4, and may be able to shed some light if you need it
I'm going to solve it easily, I'm going to buy a hobb's switch to end the problems, because honestly, I could not give a solution with jb4 and I do not see support in this ..

The configuration would be easy, but for some reason pin # 7 of the jb4 constantly transmits -12v and this way the pump would always be running.
Seeing that all have finally left the JB4 configuration side, this will be my way forward.
(#6)
Old

Car: 09 335i
Default 10-03-2017, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirfredi
I'm going to solve it easily, I'm going to buy a hobb's switch to end the problems, because honestly, I could not give a solution with jb4 and I do not see support in this ..

The configuration would be easy, but for some reason pin # 7 of the jb4 constantly transmits -12v and this way the pump would always be running.
Seeing that all have finally left the JB4 configuration side, this will be my way forward.

Hobb's switch is the way to go. I literally ran the ground wire to the lid of my Stg3 LPFP and the power wire to the exhaust flap in the left side tail light area and my issues went away.

GL dude, Im sure you'll get it once you add the Hobb's switch
(#7)
Old

Car: 09 e92
Default 10-03-2017, 12:41 PM

I just got mine setup & working...

[stg 3 lpfp / eth analyzer / PI with BMS controller triggered by jb4]

what does your WMI settings tab look like?

also what do you mean by but for some reason pin # 7 of the jb4 constantly transmits -12v ? pin 7 is grounded or showing voltage?
(#8)
Old

Default 10-04-2017, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camberadam
I just got mine setup & working...

[stg 3 lpfp / eth analyzer / PI with BMS controller triggered by jb4]

what does your WMI settings tab look like?

also what do you mean by but for some reason pin # 7 of the jb4 constantly transmits -12v ? pin 7 is grounded or showing voltage?
Pin # 7 is connected to ground.
Always transmit (even with the car at rest) -12v.
I mean that if you use pin # 7 and a positive battery you get 12v ALWAYS, there is no power cut and that is why the pump is ALWAYS RUNNING.

In the WMI section, what exactly do you need to change? because I do not currently have PI (I have a meth bms kit)
Does the 2nd pump work properly for you?
Have you tried running from 15 psi? or how does it work exactly?
regards
(#9)
Old

Default 10-04-2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Pin # 7 is connected to ground.
Always transmit (even with the car at rest) -12v.
I mean that if you use pin # 7 and a positive battery you get 12v ALWAYS, there is no power cut and that is why the pump is ALWAYS RUNNING.

In the WMI section, what exactly do you need to change? because I do not currently have PI (I have a meth bms kit)
Does the 2nd pump work properly for you?
Have you tried running from 15 psi? or how does it work exactly?
regards
Yes my pin 7 output is ground until jb4 triggers 12v+. Currently tuning 26psi on ethanol. Didn't realize you have a meth pump. These settings may be different due to meth signal scaling (I have no experience w/ meth or configuring it).

On the WMI tab (for me):
Water/Meth
Boost additive: 0
Signal scaling: 100
Min flow boost: 0

External trigger
Enabled: 1 <- tells jb4 when to activate pin 7
Min rpm: 2500
Max rpm: 7200
Min tps: 45

The last three are conditions that control the activation to my understanding.

Last edited by camberadam; 10-04-2017 at 11:25 AM..
(#10)
Old

Default 10-04-2017, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Yes my pin 7 output is ground until jb4 triggers 12v+. Currently tuning 26psi on ethanol. Didn't realize you have a meth pump. These settings may be different due to meth signal scaling (I have no experience w/ meth or configuring it).

On the WMI tab (for me):
Water/Meth
Boost additive: 0
Signal scaling: 100
Min flow boost: 0

External trigger

The last three are conditions that control the activation to my understanding.
the first of all is to thank you for the help you are giving.

External trigger The truth that I have not touched that configuration. I'm going to change that setting to see if the jb4 is still emitting in Stand by 12v, or only works when it should.

When you put the following:

External trigger

Does it mean that the 2nd pump (that is pin 7) from 2500 rpm and up to 7200 rpm is fully working? or how it works exactly.

Thank you very much, buddy.

Last edited by sirfredi; 10-04-2017 at 12:26 PM..
(#11)
Old

Default 10-04-2017, 12:54 PM

Quote:
the first of all is to thank you for the help you are giving.

External trigger The truth that I have not touched that configuration. I'm going to change that setting to see if the jb4 is still emitting in Stand by 12v, or only works when it should.

When you put the following:

External trigger

Does it mean that the 2nd pump (that is pin 7) from 2500 rpm and up to 7200 rpm is fully working? or how it works exactly.

Thank you very much, buddy.
My understanding of the logic is that enabled 1 turns the external output "on" as long as the other conditions you fill in are met. As in, it puts out 12v+ when you are 2500-7200rpm & above 45% throttle.

Check out posts 168 & 170 from Steve in this thread. I came across it when trying to trouble shoot why my 2nd pump wasn't activating (the exact opposite problem you're having). Which also has me wondering if you don't have something crossed in your relay wiring (or PR has you wire the relay differently).

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showth...t=28478&page=7

Last edited by camberadam; 10-04-2017 at 01:02 PM..
(#12)
Old

Default 10-04-2017, 01:09 PM

The relay wiring is perfectly configured.
I think the problem is the configuration of the jb4, no one mentioned (not even terry in the mails sent) that putting in External trigger = 1 causes that instead of having a NO contact 12v, it happens to be a NC contact 12v.

That is ... it is not constantly running 12v pin 7, but when ET = 1 is changed to a normally open contact and only closes the circuit when going from esar rpm and the throttle is at 45% approx.

Is this correct that I have understood?
Thank you !!!!!!!!
(#13)
Old

Default 10-04-2017, 01:11 PM

I also want to buy a stage 4 PI now, but I have to know what exact materials to ask for so that I can not over come this.

What I do know is that the AIC-6 driver must be purchased from BMS to be plug & play, and better mapped.

I could use that support too
(#14)
Old

Default 10-04-2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
The relay wiring is perfectly configured.
I think the problem is the configuration of the jb4, no one mentioned (not even terry in the mails sent) that putting in External trigger = 1 causes that instead of having a NO contact 12v, it happens to be a NC contact 12v.

That is ... it is not constantly running 12v pin 7, but when ET = 1 is changed to a normally open contact and only closes the circuit when going from esar rpm and the throttle is at 45% approx.

Is this correct that I have understood?
Thank you !!!!!!!!
I can't say for sure that the ET=1 changes output from NO to NC. I did not test the output coming out of the JB4 as I didn't want to short anything.

I know in my case, my 2nd pump wasn't turning on. I used my powerprobe at the various connections from tank tophat, then the relay, then the connection at Jb4 (jb4 disconnected). At each connection I was able to trigger the pump w/ 12v+ so I knew the wiring was good up to the DME box. From there I reconnected the JB4 & changed the settings on the WMI tab - External trigger to what I listed above. From there all was well & lpfp in my logs stay 65-75psi.
(#15)
Old

Default 10-04-2017, 11:31 PM

Quote:
I can't say for sure that the ET=1 changes output from NO to NC. I did not test the output coming out of the JB4 as I didn't want to short anything.

I know in my case, my 2nd pump wasn't turning on. I used my powerprobe at the various connections from tank tophat, then the relay, then the connection at Jb4 (jb4 disconnected). At each connection I was able to trigger the pump w/ 12v+ so I knew the wiring was good up to the DME box. From there I reconnected the JB4 & changed the settings on the WMI tab - External trigger to what I listed above. From there all was well & lpfp in my logs stay 65-75psi.
I just tried to set ET = 1, it has not changed at all, I was hoping it would give a solution, but we have 12v with the car at rest (which excites the coil and in turn starts the 2nd pump)

I have tested both ET = 0 and ET = 1 and the result is the same.
Look at the images where you can see the pin 7 and the WMI configuration

Last edited by sirfredi; 10-05-2017 at 01:27 AM..
(#16)
Old

Default 10-05-2017, 05:58 AM

Only thing other thing I came across was I had an older slave chip inside that I swapped out. It is upgradeable on the burger website. It was called the antilag chip but has other updated features on it (I needed to make PI work). Maybe it is needed for external trigger functions as well (just guessing at this point).
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33028

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/attach...1&d=1442621620

http://www.burgertuning.com/N54_JB4_upgrades.html

Good luck!
(#17)
Old

Default 10-05-2017, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Only thing other thing I came across was I had an older slave chip inside that I swapped out. It is upgradeable on the burger website. It was called the antilag chip but has other updated features on it (I needed to make PI work). Maybe it is needed for external trigger functions as well (just guessing at this point).
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33028

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/attach...1&d=1442621620

http://www.burgertuning.com/N54_JB4_upgrades.html

Good luck!
that chip changed the 11/2015 (antilag) and I did the installation for the DIY, but honestly, I never tried if it worked or not (there was no e85 to try and LOL time has passed)
(#18)
Old

Default 10-05-2017, 08:21 AM

Quote:
that chip changed the 11/2015 (antilag) and I did the installation for the DIY, but honestly, I never tried if it worked or not (there was no e85 to try and LOL time has passed)
i wasn't concerned about the antilag either, but it has additional programming needed to make the PI integration.

Maybe Trebilla can help w/ your specific configuration. If possible I personally would rather have the 2nd pump controlled by the JB4 over a hobb's switch.

Last edited by camberadam; 10-05-2017 at 10:57 AM..
(#19)
Old

Default 10-05-2017, 09:01 AM

i try to talk with trebila
(#20)
Old
Legend

Car: 135i
Default 10-06-2017, 06:11 AM

and if you set min TPS = 50 ?
if you let min TPS = 0, then the JB4 always trigger the pump.

FBO N54 AT 135i 'vert with JB4 and Trebila Performance custom flash
(#21)
Old

Default 10-06-2017, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebila
and if you set min TPS = 50 ?
if you let min TPS = 0, then the JB4 always trigger the pump.
Even though min & max rpm have values? If the car is just sitting, it's not going to be between those values & shouldn't activate no?

I was thinking it has something to do w/ the meth integration. I've never heard of someone using stage 3 lpfp & meth.
(#22)
Old

Default 10-06-2017, 02:08 PM

obtain the same result. TPS = 50 still giving ground ...
@trebila, you have good friendship with Terry and Steve. Could you ask what the reason and the possible solution might be?
Thank you
(#23)
Old

Car: Audi A5
Default 10-08-2017, 12:53 AM

Still no luck on this issue? I'm really curious if you'll fix this, I've bookmarked this link
(#24)
Old

Default 10-08-2017, 09:04 AM

No fix...

Terry and steven not come for here........
(#25)
Old

Default 10-09-2017, 09:24 AM

how/where is your meth pump trigger wired? I'd try to disconnect it & set the values to what i have. I'm really thinking this is why it is "recommended" not to use meth & ethanol (possibly the reason why they're not commenting, because it's been said already). Since all the settings for the 2 are on the same interface tab, I wouldn't be surprised if the drivers/logic inside the JB4 can only do 1 or the other.

These are just guesses at this point though...