JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#4101)
Old

Car: '09 E90
Default 05-12-2017, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD
Already available in the betas, just doing some testing before the public release.
I have the android beta, I don't see any of these options in the app. Specifically the "Enable WMI Pump PWM." I think it is in the firmware release notes:

6) Relocated user adjustable WMI PWM mapping from FUA=60 to a dedicated option on the methanol page under ethanol settings.
(#4102)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 135i
Default 05-12-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Jameel
hello,

installed Bluetooth Rev 3 for N54 but the signal is very weak and keep disconnect, any direction?
Email me. support@jb4connectkit.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by rac
It's been a while since I've used my JB4. Going ST so might reinstall JB4.

I have been logging with mhd running in the background while Harry s lap timer runs in the foreground on my phone. It also takes GPS input via Bluetooth. Questions;

1. Can I do the same with the JB4 app, I.e. will the app continue running if I open another app up on my phone?
2. Will I have any issue running two Bluetooth inputs simultaneously (GPS and JB4)?

Thanks.
Technically yes, but I hate having things log in the background as the OS can decide to take the resources away from the app if absolutely needed.

Shouldn't have any issues there no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by protecon
Here's another function that could be useful - diagnostics/support.

- Select "BMS Support" which takes you to some options > fuel, electrical, meth etc
- Depending on the option you choose, it generates a specific format to complete before sending off the help request.
- Different options would have bare minimum information needed to troubleshoot before allowing you to submit. eg platform, components installed - facility to attach photos using the phone camera etc.
- If logging is required, have a walk-through guide that tells you when you're in the right gear (at optimum revs) and counts down to going WOT, followed by on-screen prompts when you've recorded a good log, or need to try again. The successful log then gets attached to the support request.

Would be handy too if users supply their N54tech username/pass, and on submission, it will auto-post a thread in the correct subforum, with set templates and titles created from information supplied by filling out the diagnostic form.

Actually this sounds like it needs to be a separate app..
We'll not be doing all of that (at this time), but we are going to be using a "Currently Installed Mods" text setting. This text will auto-fill when emailing support logs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykal
I have the android beta, I don't see any of these options in the app. Specifically the "Enable WMI Pump PWM." I think it is in the firmware release notes:

6) Relocated user adjustable WMI PWM mapping from FUA=60 to a dedicated option on the methanol page under ethanol settings.
I'll double check with Terry on that.

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#4103)
Old

Car: 2017 340i
Default 05-15-2017, 08:53 AM

So I'm new to the jb4, how do I download the canflap update? I saw the download link but not sure how to get it to apply to my JB4. I have the Bluetooth module as well
(#4104)
Old

Car: BMW 335I Xdrive
Default 05-15-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:

I don't see those options in the beta version of the app either.
I asked Donnie about them via email but based on his response he does not seem to be aware of these features.

2010 E92 335iX, JB4 G5 ISO, MHD RACE BEF, N20 TMAP SENSOR, VTT GC Lites, VTT Inlets Outlets, BMS DCI, VRSF c.a.t_less D.P., VRSF 7.5" Race FMIC, VRSF Charge Pipe with tial BOV, BMS Meth Kit, BMS OCC, Boost Concept Stage 2 LPFP., 335iS Clutch, MFactory Single Mass Flywheel, CFS High Performance Aluminum Radiator, N55 exhaust.
(#4105)
Old

Car: BMW 440XI MPPSK
Default 05-16-2017, 04:18 AM

When is the apple car play version coming out?😏
(#4106)
Old

Car: F80
Default 05-16-2017, 03:00 PM

Just installed the JB4 (on a 2017 F80 if that matters) Doublechecked and made sure all cables were running to the correct areas. Also made sure all clips were connected. After i turn on the car i here a ticking noise in the engine area. Also i cannot access any maps when i hold the volume down on the steering wheel (for 5 up to 15 secs). Ive also tried the BC button to no prevail. Can someone help me trouble shoot?
(#4107)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-17-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by risktaker76
He cant even make a eye appealing theme for this crap app. Who you kidding
(#4108)
Old

Car: m235i
Default 05-18-2017, 12:23 PM

Just updated to the new iOS beta version.

Can you give some details on the Register/Login feature? What does it do?
(#4109)
Old
Legend

Default 05-18-2017, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeOfDeath
Currently installed mods sounds great.
Btw, I noticed in the iOS app the filename append map function is not there but my friends Android version has it?
I'll add it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyb26
So I'm new to the jb4, how do I download the canflap update? I saw the download link but not sure how to get it to apply to my JB4. I have the Bluetooth module as well
Unless Terry added in a new serial command that I'm not aware of, you can't control the CANflap via any JB4 interface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosn54
I don't see those options in the beta version of the app either.
I asked Donnie about them via email but based on his response he does not seem to be aware of these features.
They've been there since the beta was posted, but the labels don't auto-fill unless your engine type is supported. At the bottom of the methanol page, tap the field next to E85 Bits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risktaker76
Not in the pipeline at the moment as I don't have access to a vehicle with CarPlay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony235
Just updated to the new iOS beta version.

Can you give some details on the Register/Login feature? What does it do?
This feature adds security to the current Rev 3 kits. When you link a kit to your account, only your account is permitted to connect with all future versions of the app.

Current iOS beta includes:
Added server authentication for Connect Kits.

Added "Current Mods" text info. This will be included in exported logs.

Added VIN field (if available) to email subject lines at the request of BMS.

Added E85 bit support.

I'm porting all of this over to Android and hope to have the final beta of that out next week.

VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#4110)
Old

Default 05-19-2017, 09:50 AM

Quote:

This feature adds security to the current Rev 3 kits. When you link a kit to your account, only your account is permitted to connect with all future versions of the app.

Added E85 bit support.

I'm porting all of this over to Android and hope to have the final beta of that out next week.
Ok, so it only authenticates with the Rev3 device locally? It does not use some sort of external internet authentication?
What happens if we sell the kit? Is there a way to unregister the account from the device?

Also what is the e85 bit support? Sorry if it's obvious, but I have not had a chance to see it yet since I didn't register my Rev 3 device yet

Thank you.
(#4111)
Old
Legend

Default 05-19-2017, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Ok, so it only authenticates with the Rev3 device locally? It does not use some sort of external internet authentication?
What happens if we sell the kit? Is there a way to unregister the account from the device?

Also what is the e85 bit support? Sorry if it's obvious, but I have not had a chance to see it yet since I didn't register my Rev 3 device yet

Thank you.
It is authenticated with a server so an internet connection is required every so often.

Support for the new features Terry is adding to the JB4. He has more info written up in a post on the front page.

(#4112)
Old

Default 05-19-2017, 12:24 PM

Quote:
It is authenticated with a server so an internet connection is required every so often.

Support for the new features Terry is adding to the JB4. He has more info written up in a post on the front page.
I just noticed there is a unlink option in case you want to sell the kit.

I will install the current public version and not be doing any more updates then. 2 reasons:
1. I don't know anything about the server my information is being stored on. Who, where, security, etc.
2. I do track days at locations with no phone/internet service sometimes. I don't want to be locked out of JB4 if it can't authenticate with the server.

It's a shame you went this route.
(#4113)
Old
Legend

Default 05-19-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
I just noticed there is a unlink option in case you want to sell the kit.

I will install the current public version and not be doing any more updates then. 2 reasons:
1. I don't know anything about the server my information is being stored on. Who, where, security, etc.
2. I do track days at locations with no phone/internet service sometimes. I don't want to be locked out of JB4 if it can't authenticate with the server.

It's a shame you went this route.
That is your choice as a consumer, but bear this in mind:

1) Info is stored securely. It's not like you're providing credit card info or anything. Just an email address and an encrypted password.
2) I thought of that already. The device is set to phone-home on specific intervals (some number more than 20 connections) so that there is a "grace-period" so to speak if you don't have internet connectivity.

(#4114)
Old

Car: 335i coupe
Default 05-19-2017, 07:34 PM

Is there a place where I can get older versions of the jb4 for mac? IE ISO 32.5?
(#4115)
Old

Car: 535xi Wagon
Default 05-20-2017, 09:55 AM

Quote:

Added E85 bit support.
Donnie, If you run iOS BETA testers like you do for Android I would love to get on that list and help out. My E61 is up and running, currently setup with JB4 PI controller and the new 32.8 firmware, all I am missing is the new JB4 Mobile iOS.

Let me know, thank you,
Evan

N54 Powered M5 Wagon:
- M5 Driveshaft, M5 LSD, M5 Axles, M5 Brakes, M5 Rear Suspension
- M5 Front End, M5 skirts, M5 Mirrors, M-Tech Rep Rear
- KW V3, RD Sport Sways, UR Strut Braces, Forgestar F14 SDC
- Manual Trans Swap, MFactory SMFW, Spec Stg 3+ Clutch, UUC SSK
- EOS Port Injection Manifold, Fuel-It: Stg 2 LPFP +Lines +Ethanol Sensor
- JB4, Hexon RR550s, Custom Inlets, AR ***, 3" Exhaust, VRSF 7" IC, ER CP, Tial BOV, RB Ext. PCV, BMS OCC
(#4116)
Old

Car: BMW F30 328i
Default 05-20-2017, 10:08 AM

Device: Galaxy S7
Engine type: N20 F30 3 Series PWG with OBDII connection
App build: A108
Kit Revision: Rev 3
Problem experienced:

I cannot get any readings for Water temp & Oil temp. Is that normal?
(#4117)
Old

Car: '09 E90
Default 05-20-2017, 07:41 PM

Quote:

...They've been there since the beta was posted, but the labels don't auto-fill unless your engine type is supported. At the bottom of the methanol page, tap the field next to E85 Bits...

...Added E85 bit support...
Nothing saves when I try to enable any of the settings in this section. Specifically the Enable WMI pump PWM. It enters a numerical valve, but after I hit save it reverts back to 0 and is still off.

Only way I can change the E85 Bits is with the windows interface.

Last edited by mykal; 05-27-2017 at 10:12 AM..
(#4118)
Old
Legend

Default 05-22-2017, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchitchewie
Is there a place where I can get older versions of the jb4 for mac? IE ISO 32.5?
You mean the firmware for the JB4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucsbwsr
Donnie, If you run iOS BETA testers like you do for Android I would love to get on that list and help out. My E61 is up and running, currently setup with JB4 PI controller and the new 32.8 firmware, all I am missing is the new JB4 Mobile iOS.

Let me know, thank you,
Evan
Email me. support@jb4connectkit.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by williammm
Device: Galaxy S7
Engine type: N20 F30 3 Series PWG with OBDII connection
App build: A108
Kit Revision: Rev 3
Problem experienced:

I cannot get any readings for Water temp & Oil temp. Is that normal?
http://jb4connectkit.com/store/index...formation_id=8

Quote:
Nothing saves when I try to enable any of the settings in this section. Specifically the Enable WMI pump PWM. It enters a numerical valve, but after I save hit save it reverts back to 0 and is still off.

Only way I can change the E85 Bits is with the windows interface.
Working fine on my end. What Android build number?

(#4119)
Old

Car: 335i coupe
Default 05-22-2017, 04:36 PM

Yes older firmware
(#4120)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335xi JB4 G5 DP DCI BOV
Default 05-25-2017, 03:09 PM

Galaxy s8
OS 7.0 android
N54
A144
OTG

App crashes when i hit connect. Worked perfect on my s7

2007 335XI SEDAN // ACF/VM 6266 SINGLE TURBO// MMP PORT INJECTION // VRSF CP W/ TIAL BOV // XHP 6AT FLASH // MOTIV TUNED // BMS OCC // VRSF EXHAUST // DIY STAGE 3 LPFP// VRSF FMIC //
(#4121)
Old
Legend

Default 05-27-2017, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchitchewie
Yes older firmware
That is posted in the 1st or 2nd post on the Sticky'd thread for your engine type's JB4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnm135i
Display flow while purging meth so we can see when the system is good to go
I'll see if the JB4 still outputs data while purging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac0908
Galaxy s8
OS 7.0 android
N54
A144
OTG

App crashes when i hit connect. Worked perfect on my s7
I'll see if Google has and crash reports related to that.

(#4122)
Old
Legend

Default 05-28-2017, 12:06 AM

New Android beta is uploaded. Please let me know if you run into any issues especially with the new Account Security.

Update includes:
Added account security.

Added "Current Mods".

Added Save/Load Config for User Adjustment page.

Added "Flat Boost" to User Adjustment page.

Moved button bar to top in export page.

E85 bit parameters.

Small bug fixes.

(#4123)
Old

Car: F20 125i
Default 05-28-2017, 09:19 AM

what does current mods do and work? does it automatically recognize any mods or do we just insert the mods for when we send csv files and similar requests?
(#4124)
Old

Car: 07 335xi
Default 05-28-2017, 02:51 PM

What are the default e85 bytes?

2007 335i MT, JB4 G5, Hybrid Race BEF, DCI, Inlets, RB 2ís, outlets, 6" AMS FMIC,Chargepipe with Raceport BOV, d_p's, stage 2 lpfp, Mfactory LSD, X-Clutch twin disk.
(#4125)
Old
Legend

Default 05-28-2017, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herc
what does current mods do and work? does it automatically recognize any mods or do we just insert the mods for when we send csv files and similar requests?
You fill it in once and it will then auto-populate in the email text field when you send logs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcase
What are the default e85 bytes?
You'd need to check in the E85 thread for that.

Closed Thread