JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: BMW 1M
Default M Button in 1M after JB4 and BEF - 10-22-2018, 12:29 AM

Does anyone know if the M button/Sport Mode on the 1M is still relevant after JB4 with BEF?

I believe when stock, the M mode/Sport mode does the following:
1. More aggressive throttle map
2. Temporary over-boost in the mid-range rpm for extra torue

After JB4 and BEF, I still feel the more aggressive throttle mapping in M mode but I have no idea whether there is over-boost. Curious to find out.

Also, is it possible to alter the throttle mapping in M mode only? If so, how?
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 10-22-2018, 08:11 AM

All those factory stuff will remain. Get a log so we can see how the car is doing. Target boost will always be the same in each map regardless of sport mode etc.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: BMW 1M
Default 10-23-2018, 07:37 PM

Here is the log using normal mode. I guess I need to find a time to test back to back normal vs M mode.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-10-21 17_15_26 (1).csv (14.0 KB, 202 views)
(#4)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 10-25-2018, 07:01 AM

From my experience and logging so far it seems that the throttle response stays but I don't see overboosting. I would assume that is due to the JB4 overriding whatever logic the DME is trying to send.

2011 BMW VO 1M (Currently in pieces for New Build!)

==OLD SETUP==
ViE 3884 | PR | JB4 | EOS Billet Fuel / Manifold | Seibon Hood | Spec Twin | 900IC | Slek Lip / Diffuser | EC7 Wheels | KW HAS | Maddad + GTHaus | P3 | ViE Can
(#5)
Old
The Backyard Mechanic

Car: BMW 1 Series M
Default 12-20-2018, 01:17 AM

Digging up this thread

No the m button doesn't work when using a jb4 and bef
(#6)
Old

Default 12-20-2018, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martymil
Digging up this thread

No the m button doesn't work when using a jb4 and bef
The throttle response does, overboosting doesnt

==OLD SETUP==
ViE 3884 | PR | JB4 | EOS Billet Fuel / Manifold | Seibon Hood | Spec Twin | 900IC | Slek Lip / Diffuser | EC7 Wheels | KW HAS | Maddad + GTHaus | P3 | ViE Can
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-20-2018, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six Pot
From my experience and logging so far it seems that the throttle response stays but I don't see overboosting. I would assume that is due to the JB4 overriding whatever logic the DME is trying to send.
The basic issue there is the JB4 map2 runs MORE boost than the factory over boost option. So you won't notice it as much.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8)
Old
The Backyard Mechanic

Car: BMW 1 Series M
Default 12-20-2018, 05:02 PM

Doesnt work with the Aussie models, absolutely no difference unlike when running mhd the car turns and feels way more aggressive when pressed
(#9)
Old

Default 04-22-2019, 07:50 AM

Directed to Payam and team, any way to make it change maps on the fly? IE: Non M = 3 , M Mode = 5?

==OLD SETUP==
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-22-2019, 09:30 AM

In theory we could but there are so few M models out there, not sure it's worth it, considering how easy it is to change maps in dash.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!