JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2014 435i
Default Just installed JB4 on my 435i....car is now jacked! - 12-18-2017, 09:40 PM

Just as the title says, I installed this to the letter and two days later, the car sputters, runs like crap and threw a million codes. Smells like fuel and the car vibrates.

Car is a 2014 bmw 435i. What gives here? Help!
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-18-2017, 10:07 PM

If you'd like help then post some install photos, a reading of codes from the JB4, maybe a datalog, or something with which we could offer you advice.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 12-19-2017, 11:47 AM

Here are the codes from the first read, DME Codes BMW:

11A0 No Description Found
0214 No Description Found
0010 No Description Found
1401 No Description Found
1014 No Description Found
0001 No Description Found
0114 No Description Found
0410 No Description Found
1404 No Description Found
0100 No Description Found
0000 No Description Found
00F1 No Description Found
2814 No Description Found
0210 No Description Found
6C14 No Description Found
02F1 No Description Found
2904 No Description Found
6C14 No Description Found
0310 No Description Found
6CF1 No Description Found
2A14 No Description Found
0610 No Description Found

I cleared those codes, and started the car and this is the Second Round:

1400 No Description Found
1011 No Description Found
AC02 No Description Found
1014 No Description Found
0001 No Description Found
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-19-2017, 12:01 PM

F series codes are 6 digits so you're reading them wrong. Select F series in JB4 interface when reading and then post a photo of the results.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 12-19-2017, 06:56 PM

Here are some pictures...

Last edited by Flyboyzack; 12-19-2017 at 07:05 PM..
(#6)
Old

Default 12-19-2017, 07:04 PM

[/QUOTE]

[img]https://s9.postimg.org/****mr1z3/20171219_175115.jpg[/img]

Last edited by Flyboyzack; 12-19-2017 at 08:08 PM..
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-19-2017, 08:09 PM

Photo of JB4 circuit board itself inside enclosure?

Burger Motorsports

(#8)
Old

Default 12-19-2017, 09:44 PM

Here are the codes:

Here is the circuit boards:

What do you think?
(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-19-2017, 09:49 PM

Got it. Install and board all look fine. Based on codes starting look like a faulty fuel pump. Next up send a JB4 log on map4 (stock tuning) and map1.

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old

Car: 2013 335i e92 M Sport
Default 12-20-2017, 08:22 AM

Don't want to get in Terry's way, but I'll ask the dumb question: Did you change the plugs before you put in the tune? I think all the major tuners recommend new plugs before you install any sort of tune for the first time. I did on my 2013 335i and actually got a bad plug- it gave me similar symptoms: sputters, rough idling, limp mode, and lots of codes about misfires. The fuel pressure code is odd, but I know first hand that a bad or old plug can cause all kinds of gremlins in an N55.

If you did.... disregard this and carry on, just wanted to ask the cheap question first before you start trying to diagnose a more expensive problem.
(#11)
Old

Default 12-20-2017, 07:36 PM

You know, I did NOT. I heard that those can be weak and cause issues. This did happen right after the jb4 install though! What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullcitybmmer
Don't want to get in Terry's way, but I'll ask the dumb question: Did you change the plugs before you put in the tune? I think all the major tuners recommend new plugs before you install any sort of tune for the first time. I did on my 2013 335i and actually got a bad plug- it gave me similar symptoms: sputters, rough idling, limp mode, and lots of codes about misfires. The fuel pressure code is odd, but I know first hand that a bad or old plug can cause all kinds of gremlins in an N55.

If you did.... disregard this and carry on, just wanted to ask the cheap question first before you start trying to diagnose a more expensive problem.